Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Affirmative style
"People come first". My experience is that this type of leader always rises to the top. People like to work with and for them. The leader knows the followers and fosters a trusting work environment. As I look back over all the people I have worked for, there are two affirmative leaders that I had the pleasure of working with. In my opinion, they were able to bring out the best in everyone. The pleasant atmosphere they created made all things seem possible. In one example, a huge organizational restructuring was taking place and nurses were being cross trained into areas they had had no involvement with before. The leader I am recalling made that transformation smoother than expected and in the end I think it was a very successful change, and one that I have not seen duplicated in other heathcare settings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment